Promoting Responsible Gaming
At William Hill U.S. HoldCo Inc. (the “Company” or “we”), we want all of our customers to enjoy real-money gambling as a planned and budgeted entertainment option - like an evening out for dinner, the theater, or a sporting event. But, as with many other things in life, it is possible to get too much of a good thing. Moderation is the key for all who gamble.
The decision to gamble is a personal choice. No one should feel pressure to gamble - from others or themselves.
Gambling should not be perceived as essential to having a good time.
Limits should be set before starting to gamble. Money spent on gambling should be considered the cost of entertainment. People should gamble only with money they can afford to lose. A person who chooses to gamble should set time and monetary limits and adhere to them.
There are times when people should not gamble. Certain emotional states can heighten the risks associated with gambling. Avoid gambling when feeling lonely, angry, depressed, stressed, or when coping with the death of a loved one. Similarly, gambling should not be used as a way to solve personal or family problems, or to impress others. Never gamble when it interferes with work or family responsibilities, when in recovery for addictive disorders or dependencies, when the gambling is illegal, or when trying to make up for prior gambling losses.
Excessive use of alcohol when gambling can be risky. Irresponsibly using alcohol can affect a person's judgment and interfere with the ability to adhere to predetermined limits.
You may seek professional help from the following organizations:
The Council on Compulsive Gambling of PA-
The National Council on Problem Gambling-
The PA Department of Drug and Alcohol’s Gambling Addiction Participating Providers List-
Gambler’s Anonymous of PA-
The Board’s Office of Compulsive and Problem Gambling-
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Preventing Underage Gambling
It is illegal for anyone under 21 to gamble for real-money on TropicanaCasino.com.
We perform an electronic verification using a third-party data reference company to validate the age and identity of all customers. We reserve the right to ask for age verification information from the player and suspend the player's account until he provides information that verifies appropriate age to our satisfaction.
Unfortunately, no system is foolproof. If you know a person under 21 who is registered with the TropicanaCasino.com real-money platform, please notify our customer support team. If anyone with an account is found to be under the age of 21, the account will be closed, all bets placed will become null and void, and any winnings will be forfeited. Other legal ramifications may also apply.
Looking Out for Kids
Responsible gaming means making sure parents understand the importance of supervising their children's online activities. The internet is readily accessible in many homes around the world. As a result, gaming companies and parents must work together to protect children from underage gambling. To ensure the safety of your children, we recommend installing filtering software to block minors from accessing certain websites and programs.
Tips for parents:
- Do not leave children unattended near your computer when you are logged into your TropicanaCasino.com real-money account.
- Do not allow persons under 21 to participate in any gambling activity.
- Keep your com real-money username, password, and deposit method details out of the reach of children.
- Educate your children about the illegality and potential dangers of underage gambling.
Most gamblers are casual gamblers - they do it for fun and entertainment. Experts agree that casual gambling with affordable wagers can be a harmless, enjoyable pastime. Responsible gamblers understand that gambling entails risk. That is why gambling responsibly means setting predetermined, acceptable limits. People who set responsible limits are gambling with funds they can afford to lose. Those limits differ from person to person, according to their financial situations. Setting those limits - and sticking to them - is crucial. A player can establish his own limits and provide direction to others by developing a set of personal guidelines to determine whether, when, and how much to gamble.
We want players to have a great time on our site and gamble responsibly. On the TropicanaCasino.com real-money platform, a player can set the following limits on his account:
- Deposit limit- Deposit limit(s) will be offered on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and will specify the maximum amount of money a registered player may deposit into his registered iGaming account during the selected period of time. With the deposit limit option, a user is prevented from depositing specified funds into their iGaming account. The deposit limitation takes effect immediately and does not require re-login to the user’s iGaming account. Limitations are applied on a calendar basis, and will expire at midnight of the specified timeframe. If the user decreases the limit then it will take effect immediately. If the user increases the limit, then it will take effect after the current period has expired.
- Spend limit - Limit on the maximum amount that may be wagered during a daily, weekly or monthly basis. The registered player will be unable to participate in gaming for the remainder of the time selected if the registered player reaches the limit on the amount wagered for that period of time. The spend limit option prevents the patron from wagering if they have reached their limit. The spend limitation takes effect immediately and does not require re-login to the user’s iGaming account. Limitations are applied on a calendar basis, and will expire at midnight of the specified time frame. If the user decreases the limit then it will take effect immediately. If the user increases the limit then it will take effect after the current period has expired.
- Daily time-based limit - A daily based limit that will specify the maximum amount of time, measured hourly from log on to log off, a registered player may spend engaging in iGaming. If a time based limit is reached during play, the registered player will be permitted to complete any round of play, or active or prepaid tournament. The daily time based limit option prevents the player from wagering if they have reached their time limit for the given period. The daily time based limitation takes effect immediately and does not require re-login to the user’s iGaming account. The wager will either be accepted or not accepted based on the daily time based limit. Limitations are applied on a calendar basis, and will expire at midnight of the specified timeframe. If the user decreases the limit then it will take effect immediately. If the user increases the limit then it will take effect after the current period has expired.
In addition to setting his own limits, a player can request to adjust his limits at any time online on the Responsible Gaming page accessible from “My Account” within the client. A player may decrease the limits which they have set at any time with such decrease being effective immediately. A player may increase his limits, with any increase becoming effective after the current period has expired. If a player needs help, Player Support is available 24 hours a day to assist him.
To learn more about self-imposed limits, visit:
If, at any stage, a player wishes to take a break from gambling, he can request a self-suspension from the TropicanaCasino.com real-money platform anytime between 3 days and 30 days by selecting “Responsible Gaming” from the “My Account” tab when logged in.
During the "self-suspension" period a player's TropicanaCasino.com account will be suspended for wagering and deposits and TropicanaCasino.com will take all reasonable measures to make sure the player does not receive promotional offers. This suspension is irrevocable during the "self-suspension" period. The player's TropicanaCasino.com account will automatically re-open at the end of the selected "self-suspension" period.
If, at any stage, a player becomes concerned about his gambling, he can make a request online to be self-excluded.
Player’s may ban themselves from playing on all licensed internet gaming sites in Pennsylvania through the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board’s (“PGCB”) statewide self-exclusion program. By self-excluding, the player is authorizing the PGCB to direct all Pennsylvania internet gaming licensed permit holders to restrict his gaming activities in accordance with the self-exclusion request and until such time as the PGCB removes his name from the Self-Exclusion List upon the conclusion of the ban period. In the case of a 1-year or 5-year self-exclusion, these will remain in effect until the time period has expired. A request for lifetime self-exclusion is permanent.
To learn more about the PGCB statewide self-exclusion program, visit:
Or visit the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board’s Online Self-Exclusion Enrollment form here: https://pgcb.pa.gov/SelfExclusion
Please note that any request for exclusion, including enrolling in the PGCB statewide self-exclusion program, will also apply to all casinos and gambling facilities owned, operated, managed or serviced, or will be owned, operated, managed or serviced by Caesars Entertainment and its affiliates. In other words, the player agrees not to gamble or even visit any part of a facility - including gaming areas, gaming floors, restaurants, hotels, pari-mutuel gaming areas, pavilions, entertainment venues, and any other area of a gambling complex - at any property owned, operated, managed or serviced by Caesars Entertainment or its affiliates during the period of his self-exclusion.
Finally, TropicanaCasino.com reserves the right to exclude a player at company discretion if TropicanaCasino.com determines there is a reasonable risk that the player is not gambling responsibly and he refuses to self-restrict or self-exclude.
A person who has enrolled in interactive gaming self-exclusion or has otherwise been excluded from interactive gaming activities, and individuals who are under the age of 21, shall not participate in interactive gaming or interactive gaming activities and will have their winnings forfeited and interactive gaming accounts suspended upon violation.
If on an in-house Caesars Entertainment (CET) program, or on a state list in which CET operates, a patron will be prohibited from gaming online.
Closing Your Account
If you would like to close your account, you may call our Player Support Team 24/7 at 1-800-830-8269.
Risks Associated With Gambling
Gambling can have an impact on a players life, some of the risks associated with gambling are:
- Losing more money than you budget for.
- Spending more time gambling than you intend.
- Neglecting loved ones.
- Declining self-esteem.
- Increased stress and anxiety.
- Developing a preoccupation with gambling.
- Placing increasingly larger bets in order to get a rush.
- Gambling to escape or to improve your mood.
- Playing to escape from reality.
- Heightened states of euphoria which may affect your judgment.
When Might Gambling Be a Problem?
The following highlights a number of questions a player should ask himself and his loved ones to help identify potential signs of a gambling problem. While these questions are not a diagnostic, psychological, or medical test and should not be used as such, many people who have called gambling help lines have answered yes to one or more of the following questions:
- Do you lose time from work due to gambling?
- Is gambling making your home life unhappy?
- Is gambling affecting your reputation?
- Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
- Do you ever gamble to get money to help pay debts or solve other financial difficulties?
- Does gambling decrease your ambition or efficiency?
- After losing, do you feel you must return as soon as possible to win back your losses?
- After a win, do you have a strong urge to continue and win more?
- Do you often gamble until your last dollar is gone?
- Do you ever borrow to finance your gambling?
- Have you ever sold any real estate or personal property to finance gambling?
- Are you reluctant to use "gambling money" for normal expenditures?
- Does gambling ever make you careless about the welfare of your family?
- Do you ever gamble longer than you had planned?
- Do you ever gamble to escape worries or trouble?
- Have you ever committed or considered committing an illegal act to finance gambling?
- Does gambling make you have difficulty sleeping?
- Do arguments, disappointments, or frustrations create an urge to gamble?
- Do you have an urge to celebrate good fortune with a few hours of gambling?
- Have you ever considered self-destructive behavior as a result of your gambling?
Myths Associated with Gambling
Players often believe in false myths regarding gambling. While the list below is by no means an exhaustive list of gambling myths, some of the more commonly held myths are:
- A player’s luck changes the more he gambles.
- If a player increases the value of his bets, he will win his money back.
- That a player can have a lucky day.
- Tracking previous results can help a player forecast the coming results.
- If a player plays on more than one casino game or in more than one poker game at a time, he will increase his chances of winning.
- That a player can develop a special strategy that will help him win.
- Knowing a game well will increase a player’s chances of winning.
- It’s not possible to become addicted to something like gambling.
- To be a problem gambler a player has to gamble every day.
- If a player can afford to gamble then he can’t be a problem gambler.
- Only irresponsible people become addicted to gambling.
- Problem gambling is easy to recognize.
Rules of Responsible Gaming
Click here to learn more. [Link to PGCB Problem Gambling Brochure]
Randomness of Play
Click here to learn more. [Link to: https://www.choosehelp.com/topics/gambling-addiction/understanding-randomness-gamblers-fallacy]
RESPONSIBLE GAMING MEANS: Knowing when to stop. For more information, click here. [Link to the “Knowing When to Stop” brochure.]
Terms of Service
The TropicanaCasino.com Terms of Service can be found here. [Link to Terms and Conditions]
Account and Game History
You can obtain account and game history by logging into your account and choosing “My Account” and selecting “Account Statement.”
If you need additional assistance please contact our Player Support Team 24/7 at 1-800-830-8269, or via email at [email protected].
For more information, visit the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board website at
Must be 21 or older to gamble. Know When To Stop Before You Start.® If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537)